Transit Toronto is sponsored by bus tracker and next vehicle arrivals. TransSee features include vehicle tracking by route or fleet number, schedule adherence, off route vehicles and more advanced features. Works on all mobile devices and on any browser.
Supports Toronto area agencies TTC, GO trains, MiWay, YRT, HSR and GRT, as well as NY MTA, LA metro, SF MUNI, Boston MBTA, and (new) Barrie.

To make transit more affordable, York Region piloting one-year transit assistance program

Update — Monday, January 28, 2019, 8:12 a.m.: The Region has extended the pilot project until December, 2019.

York Region is piloting a one-year transit assistance program (TAP) to help make transit more affordable for some residents of the region.

If you’re eligible, you can buy a TAP pass for half the cost of a regular York Region Transit adult monthly pass. The TAP pass is valid for unlimited travel on YRT services for a calendar month. You can’t use the pass to board TTC buses operating in York Region. Seniors are not eligible for the program because seniors’ fares are already less than half regular YRT fares.

The pilot program is in effect from April 2018 until March 2019.

You’re eligible to apply for the program if:

  • you’re a resident of the York Region from 18 to 64 years old;
  • you don’t receive transit assistance through Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program;
  • you agree to take part in surveys to evaluate the pilot; and
  • you have an income at or below these limits:

Family Size and Income Limit

1 person: $25,512
2 persons: $36,079
3 persons: $44,188
4 persons: $51,024
5 persons: $57,047
6 persons: $62,491
7 persons: $67,498

(Source: Statistics Canada Low Income Measure, Before Tax, 2015)

You can now apply by calling Access York at 1-877-464-9675 (Open Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.); TTY: 1-866-512-6228 or 905-895-4293 (for the deaf, deafened or hard-of-hearing)/

Applicants 18 to 64 years old must apply on their own. Couples residing together must apply as a family. Couples or single persons who are the parent or guardian of children under the age of 18 years old would apply as a family.

Please have these documents ready when you call:

  • 2016 Notice of Assessment (NOA) from the Canada Revenue Service — it usually arrives by mail with information about a income-tax refund;
  • Your most recent Canada Child Benefit Statement (CCB) (if you have children under the age of 18 living with you); and
  • Proof of your current York Region residence (for example utility bill or drivers licence with your address on it.)