The Toronto Transit Commission meets this Thursday, April 20 at 1 p.m. in the Council Chamber, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West.
The commission is the TTC’s board of directors. It oversees matters of policy and planning, building, maintaining and operating the TTC system and expanding its services and facilities.
Commissioners include City of Toronto councillors and members of the public.
During the meeting, the commissioners will discuss, among other items, staff reports about:
- transferring the ownership of lands near the TTC subway extension to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre from the City of Vaughan and York Region to the TTC. (You can read the staff report here. (.pdf))
- acquiring lands for “Easier Access” construction at Sherbourne Station. (You can read the staff report here. (.pdf))
- repairing 26 Scarborough rapid transit coaches as part of the Line 3 extension program. (You can read the staff report here. (.pdf))
The commission also will consider:
- the Chief Executive Officer’s report for April2017. (In this report, CEO Andy Byford also discusses the effect on TTC ridership when the Federal transit pass tax credit program ends in July. You can read the report here. (.pdf))
- the 2017 Accessibility Plan Status Report. (You can read the report here. (.pdf))
- the 2016 TTC Enforcement Unit Annual Report. (You can read the report here. (.pdf))
You can view the full agenda for the meeting here.
Toronto Transit Commission meetings are public meetings — anyone may attend.If you wish to speak to the commission about an item on its agenda during this meeting, e-mail the Co-ordinator — Secretariat Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org before noon, tomorrow, Wednesday, April 19.
You can learn more about making a deputation — or presentation — to the commission here.