The Toronto Transit Commission meets this Wednesday, March 22 at 1 p.m. in Committee Room #1, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West.
The commission is the TTC’s board of directors. It oversees matters of policy and planning, building, maintaining and operating the TTC system and expanding its services and facilities.
Commissioners include City of Toronto councillors and members of the public.
During the meeting, the commissioners will discuss, among other items, staff reports outlining:
- the next steps towards building the “Scarborough Subway” — extending Line 2 Bloor - Danforth to Scarborough Centre. (You can read the staff report here.
- the implications of automated vehicles for the TTC. (You can read the staff report here. (.pdf))
- the TTC’s Safe Service Action Plan, which has reduced the number of fatalities resulting from bus or streetcar collisions. (You can read the staff report here. (.pdf))
- the future of the TTC’s community bus services. (You can read the report here. (.pdf))
The commission also will consider:
- the Chief Executive Officer’s report for March 2017. (You can read the report here. (.pdf))
Toronto Transit Commission meetings are public meetings — anyone may attend.If you wish to speak to the commission about an item on its agenda during this meeting, e-mail the Co-ordinator — Secretariat Services at: email@example.com before noon, tomorrow, Tuesday, March 21.
You can learn more about making a deputation — or presentation — to the commission here.