The Toronto Transit Commission meets next Tuesday, February 21 at 1 p.m. in the Council Chamber, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West.
The commission is the TTC’s board of directors. It oversees matters of policy and planning, building, maintaining and operating the TTC system and expanding its services and facilities.
Commissioners include City of Toronto councillors and members of the public.
During the meeting, the commissioners will discuss, among other items, staff reports recommending that the commission approve:
- issuing a request for proposals from companies wanting to operate commuter parking lots for the TTC. (You can read the staff report here. (.pdf))
- building a second entrance / exit for Donlands Station at 17/19 Dewhurst Boulevard. (You can read the staff report here. (.pdf))
- negotiating with the York Region Police Service to empower TTC special constables to enforce the TTC’s bylaws on the new section of subway in York Region. (You can read the staff report here. (.pdf))
The commission also will consider:
- the Chief Executive Officer’s report for February 2017. (You can read the report here. (.pdf))
- the results of the 2016 Customer Service Survey. (You can read the report here. (.pdf))
- an update on the VISION — Vehicle Information System and Integrated Operations Network — a system to help the TTC maintain information to passengers and manage its on-street fleet of vehicles. (You can read the report here. (.pdf))
Toronto Transit Commission meetings are public meetings — anyone may attend.If you wish to speak to the commission about an item on its agenda during this meeting, e-mail the Co-ordinator — Secretariat Services at: email@example.com before noon, Friday, February 17.
You can learn more about making a deputation — or presentation — to the commission here.