From Tuesday, February 16 until Monday, February 22, TTC track crews are repairing the concrete in the streetcar tracks
- on Dundas Street West at Beverley Street.
Starting about 8 a.m. Tuesday, February 16, a crew will break and remove concrete along the eastbound track area. They’ll work from the east end of the area and continue working, proceeding westward along the tracks. They’ll finish removing concrete by late afternoon, Friday, February 19.
Once they’ve dug out the section of track, they’ll start placing new concrete Saturday, February 20 and Sunday, February 22. They’ll allow the new concrete to cure until 5 a.m. Monday, February 22, when vehicles can again travel over the track area.
The crews will block traffic lanes as they work:
- They’ll restrict eastbound traffic on Dundas West to just to one lane through the work area and intersection. Eastbound traffic can’t turn left onto Beverley.
- They’ll restrict westbound traffic to just one lane through the work area and intersection. Westbound traffic can’t turn left onto Beverley.
- Northbound traffic on Beverley may only turn right onto eastbound Dundas.
- Throughout the project, southbound traffic can turn right onto westbound Dundas. Until crews start digging out the concrete in the centre of the intersection, southbound traffic can also continue through the intersection.
The City of Toronto may temporarily restrict on-street parking in the area to maintain traffic flow.
The crews generally work from about 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. every day. However, they’ll also set up and take down the work zone early mornings, when traffic flow is less.
The TTC is detouring streetcars operating along this route during the weekend of Saturday, February 20 and Sunday, February 21:
- 505 Dundas.
All day Saturday, February 20 and Sunday, February 21, eastbound cars operate along their regular route to Dundas Street West and Spadina Avenue, then detour:
southward along Spadina Avenue;
eastward along Queen Street West; and then
northward along McCaul Street to Dundas West,
resuming their regular route eastward along Dundas.
Eastbound cars skip their regular stops
- on Dundas Street West at Beverley and McCaul Streets.
Instead, eastbound cars drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on McCaul Street at Queen Street West,
- on Queen Street West at John and Soho Streets and Spadina Avenue and
- on Spadina Avenue north of Queen Street West and Sullivan Street.