This weekend, crews are paving the south side of Highway 7 from just west of Allstate Parkway to east of Commerce Valley Drive East and on the north side at the intersection with Allstate from 8 p.m. Friday, November 1 until 5 a.m. Monday, November 4.
Construction crews will block west- and eastbound lanes, resulting in significant traffic delays and noise.
At the intersection with Allstate, expect:
- Work crews are blocking access to or from Allstate Parkway to Highway 7 on the north side;
- Crews are closing the intersection with Allstate to south- and northbound through traffic.
- Traffic lights at Allstate Parkway will not operate.
- “Paid-duty” York Regional Police officers will on site at the intersection to direct traffic.
- York Region Transit will move temporarily move westbound YRT bus stop to the centre of the roadway over the weekend. Signs and staff will guide passengers to the bus stop.
Here’s what else is going on this week:
- between Warden Avenue and Highway 404 — Starting Monday, November 4 from 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing multiple lanes. Expect heavier traffic than usual. Work continues until November 8.
- Cedarland Drive — Contractors are closing the street to traffic until the end of 2013.
- South Town Centre Boulevard — Starting Tuesday, November 5 at 8 p.m. until Wednesday November 6 at 5 a.m. and continuing overnight nightly: Contractors are closing south- and northbound lanes, one at a time. Expect noise and vibrations. Work continues until 5 a.m. November 12.
- Michael Angelo’s Driveway — Starting Monday, November 4: contractors are blocking the second driveway east of Woodbine Avenue. Work continues until November 13.
- Woodbine Avenue — Contractors are closing the southbound curb lane north of Highway 7. Work continues until November 15.
- Allstate Parkway — Contractors are closing the southbound right-turn lane north to allow pedestrian access.
- at Highway 404 — from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. today and from 7 p.m. tonight until 7 a.m. tomorrow and continuing overnight nightly: Contractors are closing multiple lanes. Work continues until November 29.
TTC passengers riding buses operating along the 24 Victoria Park, 68 Warden and 224 Victoria Park North routes and York Region Transit passengers riding buses operating along the Viva pink, Viva purple and 1 Highway 7 routes should expect delays.