This week, from 6 a.m. Wednesday, September 11 until 6 a.m. Monday, September 16, the work will block the intersection of Kingston Road with Main Street and Southwood Drive to through north-south traffic.
The TTC is detouring buses operating along the 64 Main route, while the intersection is closed.
From 6 a.m. Wednesday, September 11 until 6 a.m. Monday, September 16, southbound buses operate along their regular route to Main Street and Gerrard Street East, then detour:
westward along Gerrard East;
southward along Woodbine Avenue; and then
eastward along Kingston Road to Main Street / Southwood Drive,
resuming their regular route southward along Southwood.
Southbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Main Street at Swanwick and Benlamond Avenues and at Kingston Road.
Instead, southbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Gerrard Street East at Norwood Road, west of Kildonan Road and at Golfview and Woodbine Avenues,
- on Woodbine Avenue across from Cassels Avenue and at Eastwood Road and
- on Kingston Road at Elmer Avenue, Waverley Road, Lee Avenue and Southwood Drive.
Northbound buses start their trips on Wineva Avenue at Queen Street East, then proceed:
eastward along Queen East;
northward along Woodbine Avenue; and then
eastward along Gerrard Street East to Main,
resuming their regular route northward along Main.
Northbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Hambly Avenue north of Queen Street East and at Williamson Road,
- on Williamson Road across from Southwood Drive,
- on Southwood Drive at Glen Ames and Kingston Road and
- on Main Street north of Lyall Avenue and at Swanwick Avenue and Gerrard Street East.
Instead, northbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Queen Street East at Lee Avenue, Waverley Road and Elmer and Woodbine Avenues,
- on Woodbine Avenue north of Norway Avenue at Kingston Road and Corley Avenue, north of Cassels Avenue and at Gerrard Street East and
- on Gerrard Street East at Golfview Avenue, Glenmount Park and Norwood Roads and Main Street.
From the Transit Toronto archives, read: