Update — Wednesday, September 18, 6:46 a.m.: Construction has ended and buses are operating along their regular route.
The City of Brampton is building a new roadway — James Potter Road — between Queen Street West and Steeles Avenue West.
Brampton Transit intends to reroute buses operating along the 4A Chinguacousy route onto the new roadway, once City contractors finish their work, and proposed rerouting the buses along James Potter, starting tomorrow, Tuesday, September 3.
In the meantime, since work still continues along a section of the road, it’s temporarily revising the route for the buses.
Starting Tuesday, September 3, southbound buses operate along their regular route to James Potter Road and Queen Street West, then detour:
eastward along Queen West;
southward along Chinguacousy Road South; and then
westward along Bonnie Braes Drive to James Potter,
resuming their regular route southward along James Potter.
Southbound buses skip their regular stops
- on James Potter Road north of Bonnie Braes Drive and Timbercove Road.
Instead, southbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Chinguacousy Road South south of Queen Street West and at Bonnie Braes Drive.
Northbound buses reverse the southbound detour routing.
Northbound buses skip their regular stops
- on James Potter Road south of Beechmont Drive and Queen Street West .
Instead, northbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Chinguacousy Road South north of Sterritt Drive and
- on Queen Street West west of Chinguacousy Road North and at James Potter Road.
You can view a map of the detour routing here. (.pdf)