The City of Brampton is closing
- McMurchy Avenue South between Jessie Street and McHardy Court
to accommodate a Region of Peel project to replace the sanitary sewers.
From Monday, July 8 until Sunday, November 3, southbound buses operate along their regular route to McMurchy Avenue North and Nelson Street West, then detour:
eastward along Nelson West;
southward along Mill Street North;
westward along Queen Street West;
southward along Elliott Street; and then
westward along Frederick Street to McMurchy South;
resuming their regular route southward along McMurchy.
Southbound buses skip their regular stops
- on McMurchy Avenue North at Queen Street West,
- on McMurchy Avenue South at Royce Avenue, McHardy Court and Corby Crescent.
Northbound buses reverse the southbound detour routing.
Northbound buses skip their regular stops
- on McMurchy Avenue South north of Frederick Street, across from McHardy Crescent and at Queen Street West and
- on McMurchy Avenue North at Nelson Street.
You can view a map of the detour routing here. (.pdf)