Last week, starting Thursday, May 2, crews who have been installing new segments of gas main along Davis Drive, moved to the next segment of the street and are now working between Barbara Road and Lorne Avenue. They’ll be working in the boulevard and on the roadway from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. each day for the next six weeks or until June 14:
- on the north side of Davis between George Street and **Longford Drive; and
- on the south side of Davis between Barbara Road and Lorne Avenue.
- digging trenches and drilling underground;
- laying and installing new gas pipes;
- connecting gas services to the new gas main; and then
- filling trenches and restoring the roadway and boulevard
Continuous construction-related noise results from from equipment and trucks during this work and the work may block the curb traffic lanes and sidewalks around the work areas. However, contractors will keep one sidewalk at all times. If the work affects bus stops, directional signs will guide passengers to the nearest available bus stop. A “paid-duty” York Region Police officer will be on site to direct traffic and pedestrians.
Relocating gas mains is a slow-moving operation. Crews will be slowly working their way eastward over the next six weeks.
GO Transit passengers riding express buses operating along the 65 Newmarket / Toronto route and York Region Transit passengers riding local buses operating along the 44 Woodspring - Bristol, 50 Queensway, 55 / 55B Davis Drive and 58 Mt Albert routes should expect detours or delays.