Metrolinx and York Region contractors continue to work on the project to build a rapidway — bus-only rapid transit lanes in the centre of the roadway — along Highway 7 East in Markham and Richmond Hill.
Here’s what’s going on this week:
Lane closures between Highway 404 and Bayview Avenue
- between Highway 404 and Bayview Avenue — from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m.: contractors are closing multiple lanes. Work continues until March 28.
- between East Beaver Creek Road and Valleymede Road — from 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing small sections of the east- and westbound centre lanes. Work continues until March 28.
Lane closures between Warden Avenue and Highway 404
- Warden Avenue — From 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing the southbound curb lane between Cedarland Drive and Highway 407. Work continues until March 28.
- between Courtyard Lane and Highway 404 — from 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing multiple lanes. Expect heavier traffic than usual. Work continues until March 28.
- Cedarland Drive: Contractors have closed most of the street to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic. One eastbound lane is now open. Use Clegg Road as an alternative. Work continues until April.
- at Town Centre Boulevard / South Town Centre Boulevard — from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are working from the south side to the north side of Highway 7. They’ll close lanes one at a time as necessary, starting on the south side (eastbound lanes) and progressing to the north side (westbound lanes). Work continues until April 8.
- at Woodbine Avenue: Contractors are working at the entrance to Shell on the north side of Highway 7, just west of Woodbine. They’ll maintain access to the gas station. Work continues until March 26.
- Woodbine Avenue: Contractors are closing the southbound curb lane. Work continues until March 28.
- at the ramps onto and from Highway 404 — from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing curbside right-turn lanes on the south- and northbound off-ramps and curb lanes on Highway 7 at the off-ramps. Work continues until March 28.
TTC passengers riding buses operating along the 24 Victoria Park, 68 Warden and 224 Victoria Park North routes and York Region Transit passengers riding buses operating along the Viva pink, Viva purple, 1 Highway 7, 40 Unionville local, 82 Valleymede / Spadina, 86B Rutherford / 16th Avenue, 90 Leslie, 91 Bayview and 224B Woodbine routes should expect delays.
YRT is also:
- detouring eastbound Viva buses serving the pink and purple routes along High Tech Road, instead of Highway 7, during construction of “Bayview Towers” — the station at Highway 7 and Bayview Avenue. The buses serve a temporary eastbound Bayview vivastation at the southeast corner of High Tech and Bayview.
Read Transit Toronto’s February 12, 2012 post for more information about the detour.
The detour continues until early 2013.