Metrolinx and York Region contractors continue to work on the project to build a rapidway — bus-only rapid transit lanes in the centre of the roadway — along Highway 7 East in Markham and Richmond Hill.
Here’s what’s going on today:
- Cedarland Drive: Contractors have closed most of the street to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic. One eastbound lane is now open. Use Clegg Road as an alternative. Work continues until April.
- at Town Centre Boulevard / South Town Centre Boulevard — from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are working from the south side to the north side of Highway 7. They’ll close lanes one at a time as necessary, starting on the south side (eastbound lanes) and progressing to the north side (westbound lanes). Work continues until April 8.
- at Montgomery Court / Fairburn Drive: Contractors are working on the canopy platform from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. today. Expect noise.
- at Woodbine Avenue: Contractors are working at the entrance to Shell on the north side of Highway 7, just west of Woodbine. They’ll maintain access to the gas station. Work continues until March 26.
York Region Transit passengers riding buses operating along the Viva purple, 1 Highway 7, 90 Leslie, 91 Bayview and 224B Woodbine routes should expect delays.
YRT is also:
- detouring eastbound Viva buses serving the pink and purple routes along High Tech Road, instead of Highway 7, during construction of “Bayview Towers” — the station at Highway 7 and Bayview Avenue. The buses serve a temporary eastbound Bayview vivastation at the southeast corner of High Tech and Bayview.
Read Transit Toronto’s February 12, 2012 post for more information about the detour.
The detour continues until early 2013.