Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe area media report on public transit issues today.
Greater Toronto Area
- BlogTO post, “What’s the worst TTC surface route in Toronto?”, here.
- Globe and Mail article, “TTC moves toward automated subway trains”, here.
- InsideToronto.com column, “IN TRANSIT: New streetcars get road tested”, here.
- Metro Toronto’s Ford for Toronto post, “Mayor Rob Ford stands in the way of GTA’s transportation future”, here.
- Steve Munro’s post, “Analysis of 29 Dufferin for March 2012 — Part II: Running Times”, here.
- Toronto Star editorial, “Metrolinx board members acting as lobbyists for a Toronto casino could hurt transit”, here.
- Toronto Star article, “PanAm atheletes’ village taking shape at West Donlands”, here.
Elsewhere in the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Cambridge Times article, “Overview of rapid transit open house”, here.
- CBC News Kitchener-Waterloo report, “Popular Waterloo tourist train cut short by LRT plan”, here.
- Guelph Mercury article, “Ads on Guelph Transit buses fuel online debate”, here.
- Guelph Mercury article, “New student pass would rise to $100 in 2015”, here.
- Guelph Mercury commentary, “The toonie on Bus 221”, here.
- Guelph Mercury commentary, “Creature comforts key to new vision for downtown core”, here.
- Guelph Tribune article, “Guelph youth seek break on bus fares”, here.
- Kitchener Post column, “Train versus train: GO needs to speed it up”, here.
- Kitchener Post article, “Haalboom raises concerns about LRT shortlist”, here.
- Kitchener Post editorial, “Get the details right”, here.
- Waterloo Chronicle article, “Region lays groundwork for LRT”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record article, “Province won’t play favourites with transit funds, minister says”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record column, “Road Ahead: Transit bidding — what could possibly go wrong?”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record article, “Rapid transit trade show invites local businesses to make their best pitch”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record article, “Nobody hurt as engine fire causes $125,000 damage to GRT bus in Cambridge”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record article, “Pedestrian hit by GRT bus in Kitchener”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record article, “Councils pile on taxes in hard times, Record analysis shows”, here.