Update — Monday, August 5, 1:22 p.m.: Construction has ended and buses have resumed regular service.
Update - Thursday, July 4, 6:33 a.m.: Construction continues until Friday, August 30 and did not end Sunday, June 30, as Brampton Transit previously announced.
The City of Brampton is closing
- English Street between Moore and Murray Streets
Construction continues until August 30.
The work resumes a construction project that blocked the street and detoured Brampton Transit buses from Monday, November 26 until Friday, December 21, 2012.
From Monday, March 11 until Friday, August 30, southbound buses operate along their regular route to Vodden Street West and English Street, then detour:
eastward along Vodden West to Main Street North,
resuming their regular route southward along Main North.
Southbound buses skip their regular stops
- on English Street across from Talbot Street, east of Alison Court, across from Murray Street and at Main Street North.
Instead, southbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Vodden Street West at Mill and Main Streets North.
Northbound buses reverse the detour routing.
Northbound buses skip their regular stops
- on English Street west of Main Street North, at Murray and Moore Streets and Vodden Street West.
Instead, northbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Vodden Street West at Isabella Street, Rosebud Avenue and English Street.
You can view a map of the detour routing here. (.pdf)