Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe area media report on public transit issues today.
Greater Toronto Area
- 680 All News Radio report, “TTC subway closure Sunday: Union to St. George”, here.
- Bow. James Bow post, “The TTC Skidaddler”, here.
- CityNews Toronto report, “Man, 32, charged with string of subway sex crimes”, here.
- CityNews Toronto report, “TTC driver OK after downtown assault”, here.
- InsideToronto.com article, “MPP Jonah Schein calling on transportation minister for electrification clarification”, here.
- InsideToronto.com article, “TTC to meet with BIA on Gerrard and in Cabbagetown to talk reimbursement”, here.
- Newstalk 1010 report, “Man Arrested in TTC Sex Assaults”, here.
- NOW article, “Why is the chair of Metrolinx a casino lobbyist?”, here.”
- Torontoist post, “Public Works: A Loyalty Program for Public Transit”, here.
- Toronto Star article, “Casino giants seek help from Metrolinx on bids”, here.
Elsewhere in the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Bullet News Niagara article, “Special student bus fares in Niagara Falls over March break”, here
- CTV News Kitchener report, “Grand River Transit to eliminate trips as it trims budget”, here.
- Hamilton Spectator column, “Province says it will pay for Hamilton LRT”, here.
- Hamilton Spectator article, “Gridlock in the Hamilton - Toronto area to thicken if left unchecked: Metrolinx president”, here.
- Niagara This Week article, “Public plea for passenger rail return”, here.
- Niagara This Week article, “Falls students get March break bus discount”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record commentary, “Would it be any cheaper to delay LRT to another day?”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record article, “Taxpayer watchdog concerned about SNC - Lavalin LRT bid”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record article, “LRT bidders had to sign litigation declaration”, here.