Metrolinx and York Region contractors continue to work on the project to build a rapidway — bus-only rapid transit lanes in the centre of the roadway — along Highway 7 East in Markham and Richmond Hill.
Here’s what’s going on this weekend:
Lane closures between Highway 404 and Bayview Avenue
- at Bayview Avenue — from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday, March 2: Contractors are closing east- and westbound curb lanes. Expect noise.
Lane closures between Warden Avenue and Highway 404
- Cedarland Drive — Contractors have closed the street to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Use Clegg Road as an alternative. Work continues until April.
- at the Apple Creek Bridge (between Rodick Road and Fairburn Drive / Montgomery Court) — from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday, March 2: Contractors are removing snow. Expect noise.
- at Town Centre Boulevard / South Town Centre Boulevard — from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are working from the south side to the north side of Highway 7. They’ll close lanes will be one at a time as necessary, starting on the south side (eastbound lanes) and progressing to the north side (westbound lanes). Work continues until April 8.
- at Town Centre Boulevard / South Town Centre Boulevard— from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday, March 2: Contractors are working on the platform canopy. Expect noise.
- at Allstate Parkway — from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday, March 2: Contractors are working on the platform canopy. Expect noise.
TTC passengers riding buses operating along the 24 Victoria Park and 224 Victoria Park North routes and York Region Transit passengers riding buses operating along the Viva pink, Viva purple, 1 Highway 7, 40 Unionville local, 82 Valleymede / Spadina, 86B Rutherford / 16th Avenue, 90 Leslie, 91 Bayview and 224B Woodbine routes should expect delays.
YRT is also:
- detouring eastbound Viva buses serving the pink and purple routes along High Tech Road, instead of Highway 7, during construction of “Bayview Towers” — the station at Highway 7 and Bayview Avenue. The buses serve a temporary eastbound Bayview vivastation at the southeast corner of High Tech and Bayview.
Read Transit Toronto’s February 12, 2012 post for more information about the detour.
The detour continues until early 2013.