From 6 until 8 p.m., the City is hosting “Decongesting Toronto: Building a great city by changing the way we move” in the Jane Mallet Theatre at the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts, 27 Front Street East.
Matt Galloway, the host of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s Metro Morning is moderating the event, featuring a keynote speech by Larry Beasley, the former co-director of planning for the City of Vancouver.
- Jennifer Keesmaat, Chief Planner, City of Toronto;
- Larry Beasley;
- Carol Wilding, President and CEO of the Toronto Region Board of Trade;
- Councillor Peter Milczyn, Chair of the city’s Planning and Growth Committee; and
- Councillor Michael Thompson, Chair of the city’s Economic Development Committee.
Space is limited, so register at http://feelingcongested.eventbrite.ca to make sure you get a seat.
Getting there by public transit
- 1 Yonge - University - Spadina subway to Union Station. Walk three blocks east along Front Streets West and East.