Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe area media report on public transit issues today.
Greater Toronto Area
- CBC News Toronto report, “Ontario’s Liberal government won’t fall on throne speech”, here.
- Globe and Mail column, “Wynne’s policies remain ambiguous after throne speech”, here.
- National Post article, “Wynne promises welfare reform, spending caps in first Ontario throne speech”, here.
- Ride This Crazy Train post, “This Crazy Train’s Presto Chronicles, Chapter 24: I hope you were downloading your transit usage monthly”, here.
- Spacing Toronto post, “STREET SCENE: Street-Car Stop”, here.
- Steve Munro’s post, “Getting to the End of the Line: Short Turns on the Queen Car”, here.
- Toronto Star article, “Premier Kathleen Wynne’s throne speech sets stage for Liberal-NDP budget”, here.
- Toronto Star column, “Premier Kathleen Wynne’s throne speech tries to buy Liberals time”, here.
- Toronto Sun editorial, “Wynne’s speech a load of bull”, here.
- Toronto Sun column, “Throne speech shows Wynne is shifting to the left”, here.
- Toronto Sun article, “Throne speech has Horwath’s support, not Hudak’s”, here.
- Toronto Sun article, “Man with possible mental health issues sought in TTC bus sex assault”, here.
- Urban Toronto post, “Then and Now: Eglinton Subway Station”, here.
Elsewhere in the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- CBC News Hamilton report, “As Metrolinx pushes transit, seniors say they need better service”, here.
- CTV News Kitchener report, “Hospital says ambulances won’t be hurt by LRT construction”, here.
- Hamilton Spectator article, “Plan for light-rail, increase bus ridership or do both: transportation division gives council options”, here.
- St. Catharines Standard article, “Niagara GO users have their say about paid parking”, here.
- St. Catharines Standard column, “The never-ending search for a GO bus parking lot”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record editorial, “New government has split vision”, here.