Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe area media report on public transit issues today.
Greater Toronto Area
- CityNews Toronto report, “Mayor criticizes TTC chair over Gateway Newstands deal”, here.
- CP24 report, “Stintz defends TTC newsstand contract against critics”, here.
- CP24 report, “TTC resumes following St. Clair hydro vault fire”, here.
- Globe and Mail article, “Campaign to explore future of Toronto transit unveiled by chief planner”, here.
- InsideToronto.com article, “Feeling Congested? City to host Toronto Talks Transportation meetings”, here.
- National Post article, “Rob Ford upset over sole-sourced contract because he doesn’t ‘understand’ bid to control TTC newsstands: Karen Stintz”, here.
- Steve Munro’s post, “What’s This Photo Doing on Metrolinx’ Website?”, here.
- Torontoist post, “Duly Quoted: Kathleen Wynne”, here.
- Toronto Star article, “TTC by the kilometre? Distance-based fares could help pay for transit”, here.
- Toronto Star column, “TTC’s newsstand deal ignores riders”, here.
- Toronto Star article, “TTC’s stroller-friendly policy should stay: poll”, here.
- Toronto Sun article, “Toronto to open talks on tools like taxes and tolls to fund transit”, here.
- Toronto Sun article, “Wynne won’t rule out tolls for transit”, here.
- Toronto Sun article, “Rob Ford wants to talk subways with Ontario’s new premier”, here.
Elsewhere in the Greater Golden Horseshoe