Metrolinx and York Region contractors continue to work on the project to build a rapidway — bus-only rapid transit lanes in the centre of the roadway — along Highway 7 East in Markham and Richmond Hill.
Artist’s concept: Future Highway 7 East rapidway station at South Town Centre Boulevard.
Here’s what’s going on this week:
Lane closures between Highway 404 and Bayview Avenue
- between Highway 404 and Bayview Avenue — from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing multiple lanes and traffic will be heavier than usual. Work continues until February 1.
Lane closures between Warden Avenue and Highway 404
- Cedarland Drive — Contractors have closed the street to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Use Clegg Road as an alternative. Work continues until April.
- at South Town Centre Boulevard — from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are working from the south side to the north side of Highway 7. They’ll close lanes will be one at a time as necessary, starting on the south side (eastbound lanes) and progressing to the north side (westbound lanes). Work continues until April 8.
- between South Town Centre Boulevard and Highway 404 — From 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing multiple lanes. Expect heavy traffic. Work continues until February 1.
YRT is also:
- detouring eastbound Viva buses serving the pink and purple routes along High Tech Road, instead of Highway 7, during construction of “Bayview Towers” — the station at Highway 7 and Bayview Avenue. The buses serve a temporary eastbound Bayview vivastation at the southeast corner of High Tech and Bayview.
Read Transit Toronto’s February 12, 2012 post for more information about the detour.
The detour continues until early 2013.