Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe area media report on public transit issues today.
Greater Toronto Area
- CBC News Toronto report, “Metrolinx keeping expensive Presto card”, here.
- DurhamRegion.com article, “The wheels on the bus go round for Mitchell’s Corners, Solina and Hampton”, here.
- Oshawa Express article, “Region and City transit lawsuit costs could soar”, here.
- Ride This Crazy Train post, “Another black eye for Ontario”, here.
- Toronto Star article, “Presto worth the $700 million cost, say transit operators”, here.
- Toronto Sun article, “Victim kicked down TTC escalator during robbery: cops”, here.
Elsewhere in the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Guelph Mercury editorial, “Guelph Transit seeks patience”, here.
- Lindsay Post article, “Trolley riding the red”, here.
- MyKawartha.com article, “Have an extra quarter? Peterborough Transit’s 25-cent fare hike set for Jan. 2”, here.
- Peterborough Examiner article, “City budget boosts Otanabee River pedestrian bridge cost, Canadian Canoe Museum grant [and transit service]”, here.
- Peterborough Examiner article, “Proposed Peterborough Transit changes include 25-cent fare hike Jan. 2, system improvements including 20-minute peak service on some routes starting in May”, here.