Starting, today, Monday, October 15, the City of Toronto is closing
- Front Street West east of Bay Street
to accommodate the next phase of construction.
The TTC is further detouring buses operating along the 72A Pape via Commissioners route while work blocks the street.
Starting Monday, October 15, south- and westbound buses operate along their regular route to The Esplanade and Church Street, then detour:
northward along Church;
westward along Wellington Streets East and West; and then
northward along York Street to King Street West,
ending their trips.
South- and westbound buses skip their regular stop
- on The Esplanade at Scott Street and
- on Front Street West at Bay Street, beside Union Station.
Instead, south- and westbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at a temporary stop
- on York Street south of King Street West.
East- and northbound buses start their trips on York Street south of King Street West, then proceed:
eastward along King Streets West and East; and then
southward along Church Street to The Esplanade,
resuming their regular route eastward along The Esplanade.
East- and northbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Front Street West at Bay and Yonge Streets,
- on Scott Street at The Esplanade and
- on The Esplanade at Church Street.
Instead, east- and northbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on York Street south of King Street West and
- on King Street East west of Yonge Street.
You can transfer between the buses and the 1 Yonge - University - Spadina subway at York Street and King Street West, where you’ll find accessible access to and from St. Andrew Station. You can also connect with the subway on King Street East east of Yonge Street, for access to King Station (not accessible). Make sure you pick up a paper transfer where you paid your fare to transfer between the buses and the subway at St. Andrew and King Stations.