Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe area media report on public transit issues today.
Greater Toronto Area
- Canadian Press article, “Companies charged in fatal crane collapse at site of new Toronto subway station” (from the CTV News Toronto website), here.
- CBC News Toronto report, “Charges laid in deadly accident at future TTC station”, here.
- Citytv News Toronto report, “Woman sexually assaulted on TTC bus: police”, here.
- CP24 report, “Doug Ford: Cash windfall must be put towards streetcar debt”, here.
- Globe and Mail article, “Charges laid in fatal York University drilling rig accident”, here.
- Globe and Mail commentary, “Toronto’s transit solution can’t end in Toronto”, here.
- InsideHalton.com article, “Freeman Station likely moving soon”, here.
- Metro Toronto’s Ford for Toronto post, “Toronto Wrap: Taxes for transit, more on Jarvis & keeping our zoo”, here.
- National Post article, “Citizen’s arrest made against man taking upskirt photos at TTC station”, here.
- Newstalk 1010 report, “Construction firms charged in death of York U subway worker”, here.
- Newstalk 1010 report, “Man busted for taking up-skirt video on TTC”, here.
- Ride This Crazy Train post, “That’ll hold it”, here.
- Spacing Toronto post, “Paying for transit in the GTHA: further questions”, here.
- Toronto Star article, “Will province drag its feet on regional transit taxes?”, here.
- Toronto Star article, “Companies charged in fatal drill rig collapse at TTC subway extension project at York University”, here.
Elsewhere in the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Guelph Mercury article, “No charge laid in minor accident with Guelph Transit bus”, here.
- The Hamiltonian post, “Money Tracking - Light Rail Transit”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record article, “Region will control transit project, despite public-private partnership”, here.
- Waterloo Region Record column, “Splitting transit carries rewards, risks”, here.