Metrolinx and York Region contractors continue to work on the project to build a rapidway — bus-only rapid transit lanes in the centre of the roadway — along Highway 7 East in Markham and Richmond Hill.
Here’s what’s going on this week:
Lane closures between Highway 404 and Bayview Avenue
- at Bayview Avenue — from 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. each day: Contractors are periodically blocking both the west- and eastbound curb lanes as they build the future Bayview Station. Work continues until August 31.
- between East Beaver Creek Road and Bayview Avenue — Starting today from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing multiple lanes and traffic will be heavier than usual. Work continues until August 10.
- between East Beaver Creek Road and Valleymede Drive — From 7 p.m. today until 6 a.m. tomorrow: Contractors are closing westbound lanes. Expect noise.
- Leslie Street — from 9:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing the northbound curb lane. Work continues until August 17. They’re also closing southbound right-turn lane indefinitely.
- Times Avenue — from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing the northbound curb lane. Work continues until August 31.
Lane closures between Warden Avenue and Highway 404
- Apple Creek Bridge (between Rodick Road and Fairburn Drive) — Contractors are working every day and sometimes overnight, causing significant noise and vibration. Work continues until mid-September.
- Between Highway 404 and South Town Centre Boulevard — Starting today from 9:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. each day: Contractors are closing multiple lanes. Expect heavy traffic. Work continues until August 10.
York Region Transit is:
- closing the stop on Times Avenue at Highway 7 for northbound buses operating along the 82 Valleymede / Spadina route — Buses resume regular service to the stop Friday, August 31.