Ontario Ministry of Transportation contractors are getting ready to upgrade the overpass carrying Bloor Street East across Highway 401 in Oshawa.
Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 7, they’ll be blocking the westbound lanes. Durham Region Transit is detouring buses operating along the 406 Dean and 922 Bloor / Victoria routes, while the lanes are closed.
Construction continues until Friday, October 19.
Work on the project completely closes the overpass to all traffic from 10 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday during these weekends:
- Friday, September 22 until Monday, September 24;
- Friday, September 28 until Monday, October 1; and
- Friday, October 12 until Monday, October 15.
922 Bloor / Victoria
From Tuesday, August 7 until Friday, October 19, westbound buses operate along their regular route to Bloor Street East and Harmony Road South, then detour:
northward along Harmony South;
westward along Tennyson Avenue;
southward along Farewell Road;
westward along Dean Avenue; and then
southward along Wilson Road South to Bloor East,
resuming their regular route westward along Bloor.
Westbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Bloor Street East east of Farewell Street and across from Holland Street.
Eastbound buses operate along their regular route.
From Tuesday, August 7 until Friday, October 19, southbound buses operate along their regular route to Shakespeare Avenue and Farewell Street, then detour:
southward along Farewell;
westward along Dean;
southward along Wilson Street East; and then
eastward along Bloor Street East to Farewell Street,
resuming their regular route southward along Farewell.
Southbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Tennyson Avenue across from Milton Street and at Harmony Road South and
- on Harmony Road South at Bloor Street East.
Instead southbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at a temporary stop
- on Farewell Street at Tennyson Avenue.