The TTC is not operating subway trains along the Yonge section of the 1 Yonge - University - Spadina subway between Bloor and Union Stations from 12:01 a.m. Saturday, May 26 until 5 a.m. Monday, May 29. Trains operate along the line only between Finch and Bloor Stations and between Downsview and Union Stations this weekend.
Frequent accessible buses drop off and pick up passengers at stops on Yonge Street and Front Street West. Southbound buses stop on Yonge Street at Bloor and Wellesley Streets West, College Street, Dundas, Queen and King Streets West and on Front Street West at Bay Street. Northbound buses drop off and pick up passengers at stops on Front Street West at Bay Street and on Yonge Street at King, Queen and Dundas Streets East, Carlton Street and Wellesley and Bloor Streets East.
The buses do not enter Wellesley Station bus terminal.
TTC crews are working to install a new crossover north of King Station, while the subway is closed this weekend. The crossover lets trains move from one track to another, so the TTC can short-turn trains during an emergency further along the line.
Best bets for traveling to downtown Toronto
- Ride the Spadina - University branch to Queen’s Park, St. Patrick, Osgoode or St. Andrew Stations, then transfer to eastbound streetcars operating along the 506 Carlton, 505 Dundas, 501 Queen or 504 King routes to reach Yonge Street.
- Exit the subway at Rosedale Station. The shuttle buses loop through the station terminal before starting their southward trip along Yonge Street.
- Ride the Yonge branch to Bloor Station, transfer to westbound trains along the 2 Bloor - Danforth line to St. George, then transfer to southbound Spadina - University trains.
- Ride the 2 Bloor - Danforth subway to Dundas West, Broadview or Main Street Stations, then transfer to streetcars operating along the 504 King, 505 Dundas or 506 Carlton routes to ride downtown.
- Ride the 2 Bloor - Danforth subway to Bay Station, then transfer to buses operating along the 6 Bay route to ride downtown.
It previously worked on installing a crossover south of College Station and closed down the subway between Bloor and Union Stations the weekends of Saturday, January 29 and Sunday, January 30 and Saturday, February 26 and Sunday, February 27 and Saturday, March 26 and Sunday, March 27, 2011.
It also worked on installing a crossover south of St. Clair Station and closed down the subway between Eglinton and Bloor Stations the weekends of Saturday, August 13 and Sunday, August 14, Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18 and Saturday, October 29 and Sunday, October 30, 2011.