When the Toronto Transit Commission meets this Tuesday, May 1, they’ll consider a staff report about plans to extend the Yonge branch of the TTC’s 1 Yonge - University - Spadina subway northwards to York Region Transit’s Richmond Hill Centre Terminal at Yonge and Highway 7.
- adding an electrical substation to the design for the future Cummer Station.
- reducing the size of the bus terminal at the future Steeles Station. The original plan called for an underground terminal beneath Steeles Avenue West with 25 bus bays. The TTC now proposes reducing the number of bays to 16 and eliminating an entrance into the terminal from the north. The terminal may also be relocated to the southwest corner of Yonge and Steeles Avenue West, currently the parking lot for the CentrePoint Mall.
- adding a bus loop to the design for Clark Station. A loop with three bays for York Region Transit buses would eliminate the need for YRT buses to enter Steeles Station terminal from the north.
- eliminating Royal Orchard Station. Since the area near this proposed station has few opportunities to attract developers or a large number of riders, the latest studies recommend removing the station from the project.
- building a new yard for storing and maintaining 14 trains, north of Richmond Hill Centre, on the west side of GO Transit’s Richmond Hill line.